Profile – A guide to setting them up.
Below is an example of the type of profile you will create when you register and submit your resume/CV with Southend JobFinder.
A couple of tips: Keep it short and concise, sell yourself to a new employer quickly and precisely. Make it look professional, our standard layout will help but always check your spelling (Again we can help with that as spelling will be checked as you write and wrongly spelt words will be underlined in red)
So in short write a nice brief description about who you are and what you do or want to do, give your education details, list your career in reverse-chronological order (Newest first)
Example profile for: Jennifer Jones Archwright
Updated 4 weeks ago
EXAMPLE ONLY with dummy text
Spent several years working on the pier at Southend after submitting a good CV to Southend JobFinder and being contacted by the pier head. Had moderate success investing in Yugos on the stock exchange. Managed a small team buying and selling pogo sticks for farmers. Spent several years licensing licorice in on Southend Seafront. Developed several new methods for working with banjos in the aftermarket. Spent a weekend importing banjos in Old Leigh.
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, and a happy, smiling attitude..
- Available to work required shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Have great time management skills, likewise I am prompt and able to work to tight deadlines
- Work well within a team and consider myself a team player but can work on my own without supervision if required.
- Equally I take constructive criticism well and I am comfortable voicing opinions.
- January 2014 March 2016 Bachelor of Applied Science
University of Essex
- August 2011 – March 2013 Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Westcliff Institute of Technology
- June 2008 – March 2010 Bachelor of Science
- January 2014 March 2016 Senior Design Lead (Write a paragraph here giving a brief resume of the role)
- August 2011 – March 2013 Jr Design Lead (Add a paragraph here giving a brief resume of the role)
- June 2008 – March 2010 Retail Sales ( Give a brief resume the role you held here)
There are also some good tips to great CV writing on the CV Library Website